Did you know that children can drink from an open cup from the moment they start solids?
That's right - 4, 5 and 6 month olds can be taught to drink from an open cup, and supporting them to do so has benefits for development.
1. Open cup drinking supports the development of a mature swallow.
2. It helps strengthen the muscles of the mouth that support speech
3. It promotes sipping rather than sucking which is good for jaw development
4. It prevents liquids from pooling around the upper front teeth
5. It develops their fine and gross motor skills
Zazi has developed Clever Cups to cleverly teach your little one how to drink successfully from an open cup. The straight, non-slip sides are easy to grip, the inside is curved and angled so that fluids flow consistently, the base is weighted to prevent it toppling and the soft silicone is safe for developing teeth.
You can now find us at our flagship boutique
522 Pollen Street, Thames, New Zealand
Closed public holidays